On the 18th April, we held our first Values day to pick 5 values which encapsulate Callington Primary School. Throughout the day, the children discussed which values we want to have in school and how we can show values to those we meet every day. We gathered as a school on several occasions to share our values and then vote on our favourite. At the end of the day, we had whittled it down to 5 which have become our new values: Respect, Friendship, Perseverance, Creativity and Compassion.
If the children see or hear someone sharing one of our school values, they can nominate that person (secretly) using the suggestion boxes around the school. The nominations will then be sorted and those nominated will receive a certificate celebrating the value they have shown.
Our aims are at the core of everything we do. They underpin our teaching and learning, and provide an environment which prepares our pupils as confident, happy citizens.
For children to;
· have a love of learning
· be confident and have high self-esteem. To encourage enquiry and independence.
· have respect and a positive attitude towards others
· be global citizens, showing respect for all cultures, with good social skills
· develop a sense of responsibility
· make rapid and sustained progress and achieve to the very best of their ability
· have access to a creative, accessible, broad and balanced curriculum and to have opportunities to lead learning
· take pride in their work